Saturday, February 28, 2009

ISRAEL LIVES!




Jesus was not a Christian, Jesus was Jewish. The Christian faith we hold dear is rooted in the theology practiced by the Israelites for thousands of years, and by our Lord and Savior who was Jewish and said "Salvation is of the Jews" and also said, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill!" (Mat. 5:17). Jesus, referred to as "Rabbi" by followers, and "The King of the Jews" at the time of His death, was born and raised Jewish and fulfilled the word of God as the promised Messiah spoken of by the Prophet Isaiah.
In Matthew 25, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
I found out that the expression, "these brothers of mine" in this verse is a Greek word that refers to "relatives according to the flesh." So Jesus was speaking about the Jewish people when he said, "I was hungry and you didn't give me food. I was thirsty and you didn't give me water, I was naked and you didn't clothe Me." The disciples asked Him, "When did we see you in that condition?" And He responded that it was whenever they saw one of His own in that condition- his relatives. Jesus has compassion for the Jewish people and specifically calls us Gentiles who have been grafted into the Covenant of God, to support them. Also there is a blessing promised in the Bible to all those who honor Israel:
Genesis 12:3 "I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse him who curses you." ... Remember how Egypt was blessed under Joseph- who helped the Jewish people, but Egypt was cursed under Pharaoh, who made the Jews their slaves... The Jewish people are still alive and well today and one day there will be a reuniting of God's chosen people to Himself when He reveals Himself to them as their Messiah.

I remember driving down the road one day and out of no where, my mouth formed the words, "One day I will dance on the streets of Jerusalem." I have no idea why I said that, but as soon as I said those words, I knew it was the revelation of the Holy Spirit to my heart and it just came right on up out of my mouth! I have since that time developed a special place in my heart for the Jewish people and Israel, and find myself captivated by speakers and books related to the return of Jesus. I also keep note of the persecutions the Jews still face and I am keenly aware of the subtle yet dangerous changes being made in our nation to leave their side. Whether or not the United States stands by Israel in the days ahead, I proclaim here on this little blog that I stand in support of Israel and the Jewish people and I will weep in Joy with them on the day they acknowledge Jesus as their Messiah. (see Zech. 12:10) The Lord has promised to never slumber nor sleep as He watches over Israel, the chosen people of God, who we share our heavenly inheritance with. The Jews have suffered under Haman, Pharaoh, Titus, Constantine, Chrysostom, Ferdinand and Isabella, Muhammad, Luther, Hitler, Khomeini, Saddam Husein, Osama bin Laden, Ahmadinejad ... and many others who attempt to validate their anti-Semetism and slaughter the Lord's elect, but the time is coming when the King of Kings and Lord of Lords will deliver them and be their Savior! Who knows the hour or the day- "Someday," (a song I wrote :)) ...maybe tomorrow, when the church will be raptured and the Lord's remaining people- the Jewish people will find themselves surrounded on all sides in need of deliverance. He has promised to deliver them, and keep them! God's covenant with Abraham was a blood covenant, as was the cross of Christ with us, and God's covenant to the Jewish people is still just as strong as His covenant with the gentiles. His word has not passed away. Jesus, "The King of the Jews," Lives! Israel Lives!

1 comment:

Now lets hear from you!