Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'm officially a fan of Kurt Warner!




Let's face it, I don't know a whole lot about NFL football nor it's players, until it's playoff time and Super Bowl Sunday approaches. Well, it's in just 3 more days and I wanted to give a little promo to the ARIZONA CARDINALS!!!... Mainly for this guy right here, Kurt Warner. This dude is 37, (rock on!) and is married to a beautiful lady named Brenda with whom they have a total of 7 children!!! But the story is what really got me...


Kurt met Brenda in 1992. At that time Brenda was a single mother of two, and one has special needs! (there's hope for me yet! :)) He fell in love and married her, then they had 5 more children of their own! In 2001, Kurt and Brenda started the "First things First" foundation which is a Christ based organization that reaches out to poor kids and hurting families, and seeks to share the love of God while making their dreams come true! Kurt and Brenda work to support single parents, personally host week-long Disney World vacations for children with life threatening illnesses, make frequent visits to children’s hospitals, host Special Olympics clinics, host Thanksgiving dinners for the homeless…the list of projects goes on and on. I'm touched especially with their Disney World project, because it blesses me to know that kids who's families never would've afforded a trip like that, get to have their little dreams come true! ... That and the fact he married a single mother of two- obviously scored big points in my book. Super Bowl Sunday I'm rooting for the Cardinals knowing that a win for the team is going to be a win for even more kid's lives to be touched!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now lets hear from you!