Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Moving!


Well folks, I'm moving to Cordova next week. This is a huge step for me because I have actually never lived on my own before. I married right after high school and then, as most of you know, moved back in with my parents after the divorce to go back to school and get on my feet. My parents have been a huge blessing and though I pay rent here to help out, I feel that the best thing for me to do at this stage of life is to live on my own with the boys for a while, especially before I get married- IF I ever get married... and if I don't, then I need to embrace this eventually anyway. I have no doubt things will be tight financially, but I have always been frugal with money and I believe that the boys and I will make it on our own with God's help. I think the biggest challenge will not be the financial budget challenge however. I think the biggest challenge is being by myself- which is exactly why I need to face it. I have the boys half of the week but the other half I don't. There is work during the day and plenty of work to do at home to keep me busy, but I will be on my own for a good amount of the time. One great thing about the Registry apartments is that they are SO close to Aidan and Ethan's school and daycare. I still have a little ways to drive to work but I would have that drive either way. Oh... and I'm on the third floor (ahhh!) ... that was all that was available. Looks like Ethan is going to get lots of practice going up and down the stairs (he's had trouble with that). Aidan will fly up and down them, and I will be telling him to wait for us, and getting a little more exercise myself- I'm sure. :) Anyway, it seems like a safe apartment complex and our apartment building (see picture above) is close to the pool and playground which is great! Please say a prayer for us as we move and make life's next transition. I have a few praise reports too. A couple of friends have offered to help me move, and Gib, one of our pastors at Living Hope, is giving the boys and I a table and 4 chairs. We didn't have a kitchen table and now we will so that is a big blessing! Well, I'm going to stop typing and go do some much needed packing... I actually enjoy packing. Enjoy your weekend, because the weather is supposed to be really nice. Cheers! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I think it'll be great for you! And the pool looks FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy, I think it will be good as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome. I miss getting off work and jumping in the pool. I pray you will be very happy with your new home. Are you needing help with the move? Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, and yes, actually, I do need some help moving. I plan to move next weekend, either Saturday or Sunday afternoon, depending on what is best for anyone helping. If you or any one else wants to help just call or email me and let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Now lets hear from you!