Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Prayer of the Gathering"



My long time friend Bobby Schuller (who is also my son's Uncle Bobby) is a great guy with a growing ministry with young adults. Their meetings are called "the gathering." I met Bobby when he lived in Tulsa, but he hails from California and you can spot him in the Crystal Cathedral on Sundays. That is one big, beautiful, room btw! My first and only trip to CA , I had the honor of singing a song in it for his wedding. But I know him, not from a hike to the pulpit, but a hike to a little tribe in the mountains of Panama... this guy lives what he says. Though he and his wife Hannah live in Cali now, I love them and like to check up on them time to time and I am always blessed to see him thriving where they were planted...

Here is the "Prayer of the Gathering":


"God our Father, we pray, in the name of Christ Jesus our Savior, that our community would be built on lifelong friendships, as we journey toward you. Jesus is the vine, God is the vinedresser, the Holy Spirit is the sap, and we are the branches. Help us to abide in you, bearing in immeasurable harvest the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. We pray that Your kingdom would come to our world, that you would remove the curse of evil, and that we could be a part of your rescue mission to a lost and dying world. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now lets hear from you!