Sunday, October 26, 2008

Sharing some Chili with friends


Today was beautiful outside and the young adults group at Living Hope met up at the park to share some Chili and desserts. I really enjoy times like these when we all get together. There is something really wonderful about spending time together eating, playing games, and talking. I may be old fashioned, but that is what I call "A good time!" I love the people at Living Hope and I love that this church doesn't just say that "life should be done together", but that's what we're actually doing, and I am thankful for this community. When you're out in the world all week long, what you hear can be so negative, and even if you're doing your best to pull the attitude of others upward, it's really nice to have some time with those who share the hope and love of Christ. I learn so much about the character of God through my friends. I now know why so many new testiment books start out with long greetings and words like, "I thank God for you..." When you experience God's grace and goodness through the church body, all you can say is, Wow God! Thank you so much!

5 comments:

  1. I'mn so glad you guys had a good time! I hate we missed it. The chili looks fabulous! Zach and I are having that tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'm laughing because I got that pic off the web! We actually had a lot more chili than that- plus a ton of desserts. I am always amazed at the cooking skills of my friends- seriously- better than the bakery. It was so much fun- I hope you guys can make it to the next gathering! I miss you!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. um...that chili looks AMAZING!!! i am glad to hear you just got that picture off the web. i was going to have to buy a plane ticket ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. buy one anyway! I'd love meeting the yeti in person! ;-) You're a riot Julia! The yeti blog makes me laugh, and wandering... makes me cry- but in a totally good motivational way! Just know Memphis welcomes you any time!

    ReplyDelete

Now lets hear from you!