Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Christmas Lights!

I know it is still early in the game to be thinking about this... but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas Lights and every year I look forward to seeing lights all over the city. It's so beautiful to me- just makes me happy and giddy inside. I hope to put lights up when I have a home of my own. I really like having lights up inside too, and turning the lamps off- it changes the atmosphere of a room in an instant! So I encourage all to put up a few Christmas lights- or a lot, if you wish.
Also- instead of giving each other store bought gifts this year, maybe consider to give donations towards a cause or organization (like buying Christmas dinners for the homeless, sponsoring a child, etc...) in that person's honor. And if family members ask you what you'd like for Christmas- maybe consider asking for them to give towards a cause of your choice! I'm excited just thinking about it. Man I love Christmas
and all the joys of being with friends and family, and yes- strangers too! Thanksgiving is also great! :-)

3 comments:

  1. i loooove christmas lights too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, and it's romantic even if you don't have a significant other. They just put me in a great mood. ahhhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to worry about me! My lights go up that day after Thanksgiving! Lee complains that we look like the Griswolds every year!

    ReplyDelete

Now lets hear from you!