Sunday, November 9, 2008

Overwhelmed by goodness.


I was in church this morning- something I look forward to weekly and after yet another amazing message from the Lord through Gib, we took communion and sang to God. I was touched so deeply because I was reminded by the Holy Spirit how far God has brought me out of the depths of darkness. I had to leave my chair and go to the very back and just kneel down on the ground and say a prayer of thankfulness. I was so overwhelmed and felt God's presence so strongly that all I could do was kneel in amazement and say thank you. Jesus is so good! I remember quite well what it was like to be far from Him and the despair I felt living life on my own. Just being with a group of people who understand this and have lived it too- being with people who realize the value of the cross, and being able to worship God together and give Him the glory for this- it floors me. My heart is heavy still, but not from sadness, instead it is heavy from the weight of love and joy and peace- all His graces- and just a thankfulness to God for saving a wretch like me. ... And a wretch like you! ;-)

1 comment:

Now lets hear from you!