Tuesday, November 11, 2008

YAY Elizabeth Elliot!

Here are some of my favorite quotes from Elizabeth Elliot, (an author I admire):

"God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to." -Elizabeth Elliot

"If my life is surrendered to God, all is well. Let me not grab it back, as though it were in peril in His hands but would be safer in mine!"
- Elizabeth Elliot

"Until the will and the affections are brought under the authority of Christ, we have not begun to understand, let alone to accept, His Lordship."
- Elizabeth Elliot

"Holiness has never been the driving force of the majority. It is however, mandatory for anyone who wants to enter the Kingdom."- Elizabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now lets hear from you!