Friday, November 14, 2008

Turn with Me

O soul are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There's light for a look at the Saviour,
And life more abundant and free.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face;
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

Through death into life everlasting
He passed, and we follow Him there;
Over us sin no more hath dominion
For more than conquerors we are!

His word shall not fail you He promised;
Believe Him and all will be well.
Then go to a world that is dying,
His perfect salvation to tell!

I will turn my eyes upon Jesus,
I'll look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

This was (and still is) one of my favorite songs.
Some times I have to remind my self that I'm not alone in my labor and responsibilities, decisions and obstacles, nor am I alone in my loneliness- because Jesus is alive and here and is the friend that sticks closer than a brother. He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us- a promise for all who belong to the Lord! I believe that fixing our eyes on Jesus is the only way to handle anything we face, no matter what we face. I'm facing a lot of decisions regarding everything from my children's education plan, to work related issues, to my day to day mission for Christ- trying to seek out what my part is and find opportunities to serve as His friend. I must be honest and say that I don't know all the right answers to these issues in my life but I do believe that Jesus is more concerned with my focus being on Him rather than my abilities (or lack thereof) to properly handle the weights of x, y, and z. So today I am carrying this song in my heart as a prayer to the Lord, that my spirit would acknowledge the power that is in Christ- and that I would have a deeper understanding of Him as I focus on Him. Without Him, there is nothing- No way, no truth, no life, because He IS the way, the truth , the life.

*Good News Reminder!* We don't have to have it all figured out or do it all perfectly! Let's face it- we don't. :) Just obey one step He gives you at a time, and don't let anyone drag you by the hair through their theology or try to steal your joy... look full in the face of Love and know you are loved, know you are capable of anything through Christ (phil 4:13) who's joy is your strength. ... The same Christ who says you can do all things will surely lead you into all the things He wants you to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Now lets hear from you!